Hello,
As usual let me start with a big thank you for developing such a great
framework.

We started from the jbehave-web-spring-archetype. I have finally tinkered
enough with the configs and are happy with the setup in our stories
(NavitasStories) class that extends JUnitStories, we use this class as our
"Embedder" and run it from Eclipse as a JUnit and everything works fine. Now
I'm working on the POM to setup up the build and running from cmd line.

I see that you have the different maven  goals for running as described here
(http://jbehave.org/reference/stable/maven-goals.html). What we want to do is
run our stories (NavitasStories) class from command line using maven. We have
beans define in our beans.xml file and other project specific settings defined
on NavitasStories hence we don't want to run with the plain "Embedder" used by
the goals.

For simplicity I tried doing this using a new project taken from the archetype
so I'm trying to run EtsyDotComStories. I tried adding both config params
<embedderClass> and <injectableEmbedderClass> to the POM and got the same error
of type incompatibility when casting. What I'm doing wrong? Do I need a new
class just for this? I tried searching for examples but didn't find any

Added to <configuration>: <embedderClass>foo.EtsyDotComStories</embedderClass>
and <injectableEmbedderClass >foo.EtsyDotComStories</injectableEmbedderClass>
Error from Maven:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.jbehave:jbehave-maven-plugin:3.6.2:run-stories-as-embeddables
(embeddable-stories) on project sandbox-jbehave-web: A type incompatibility
occured while executing
org.jbehave:jbehave-maven-plugin:3.6.2:run-stories-as-embeddables:
foo.EtsyDotComStories cannot be cast to org.jbehave.core.InjectableEmbedder

and

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.jbehave:jbehave-maven-plugin:3.6.2:run-stories-as-embeddables
(embeddable-stories) on project sandbox-jbehave-web: A type incompatibility
occured while executing
org.jbehave:jbehave-maven-plugin:3.6.2:run-stories-as-embeddables:
foo.EtsyDotComStories cannot be cast to org.jbehave.core.embedder.Embedder

Thanks,
Enrique