It's rather debatable whether one sounds more natural or technical than the other. Also, background tends to suggest concurrency - which is not the case.

In any case, it's all subjective. If you prefer, you can configure your own "custom" company locale (akin to a new language) with the name you choose. The Eclipse plugin will pick up the locale you've configured in your Configuration.

Or you can use the Gherkin syntax directly.