Quoting felipe gutierrez <fel...@usto.re>:

The error is on the line

mContext = overrides.buildView(BlobStoreContext.class);

jclouds is importing gson-2.2.4 and all the other places I put an exclusion
on maven:

OK, so now it seems to be complaining that the PropertiesAdapter [1] is not an instance of TypeAdapter, even though it clearly is. This would seem to point to a classloader conflict.

Are you running this inside a webapp? Do we know which classloader is initially loading the Gson library? Could you add some debug statements to your code to compare the classloader for com.google.gson.TypeAdapter with the classloader for e.g. org.jclouds.json.config.GsonModule?

Regards

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/jclouds/json/config/GsonModule.java#L244 [2] https://code.google.com/p/google-gson/source/browse/trunk/gson/src/main/java/com/google/gson/GsonBuilder.java line 448