On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 08:49:26PM +0300, Inbar Stolberg wrote:
> Is it agreed that those should be avoided/removed in future releases?
> Also if there is a patched version for 1.8 with guava 15 or 17 without
> @Beta interfaces pls let me know.

Google's generous and well-communicated compatibility guarantees do not
apply to @Beta APIs; use of these undermines jclouds goal of
forward-compatibility with Guava.  That being said, jclouds benefits
from a lot of these interfaces instead of reimplementing equivalent
functionality.

I do not plan to work on Guava backward compatibility; please send pull
requests if you want to include this functionality.  Note that we would
need to provide this across all the jclouds repositories, including
labs.  Also note that Guava 15 TypeToken is incompatible with Java 7 so
going further back than Guava 16 is likely impossible:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-427

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/