Well, although it is gson the one that deserializes, it is using a strategy
class provided by jclouds to lookup the constructor or factory method to
invoke:
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/jclouds/json/internal/NamingStrategies.java#L183

The domain objects in DigitalOcean use Google Auto, and are auto-generated
at build time. Perhaps that is what is causing conflicts with jacoco.

In order to get a better understanding of what is going on, I'll push a
branch with verbose logging at that point. Would you be able to build that
and use it in your build, to see more context when the failure happens?
Hi,

after a little of investigation, it's look like that I can reproduce
this bug only when running integration tests with jacoco coverage
agent enabled (that was the reason why I cannot reproduce on IDE nor
on production, but only when running integration tests under jenkins).

So this is probably a specific issue within GSON and the jacoco
bytecode instrumentation.

I've tried upgrading GSON to 2.4 and jacoco to 0.7.5.201505241946,
anything changed.

Not jclouds fault, I will try to report this upstream.

Thanks!

--
Giovanni Toraldo
Lead Developer