Yes, it is supported. You just have to upload the desired files to the Chef
Server, and then update the desired cookbook to include them in it. You can
take a look at this live test [1] that creates a new cookbook with a just
uploaded file.

Also, consider subscribing and participating in the jclouds user list [2].
You might get better feedback there!

HTH

Ignasi

[1]