I am no JClouds expert but :

I tend to use this (and seems like this is encouraged):

-------------
        NovaApi api =
                ContextBuilder.newBuilder(...)
                 .credentials(...)
                 .endpoint(...)
                 .buildApi(NovaApi.class);
---------------

than this:

---------------
ctx=ContextBuilder.newBuilder(
"openstack-nova")//
                .endpoint("....")//
                .credentials("...", "....")//
                .buildView(ComputeServiceContext.class);

//RestContext use seems to be discouraged now as i see it is deprecated
//RestContext<NovaApi, NovaAsyncApi> nova = ctx.unwrap()
//nova.getApi()... // do something with NovaApi

NovaApi novaApi = ctx.unwrapApi(NovaApi.class);

But I always wanted to know what is the difference between a View and Api?
Can I have different View other that ComputerServiceContext for a compute
provider?

Regards,
Kavan