From: Bk Lau [bklau2...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 3:27 PM
To: user@jclouds.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to bind and work with OpenStack extensions

Zack:

Thanks. Those examples shows the specific nova extensions that OpenStack
happened to support.
What if an openstack implementation have an specific extension  and how do I
bind to it and  use it?.
For example, in nova we have:
ExtensionApi extApi=novaApi.getExtensionApiForZone("....");
Set<? extends Extension> exts=extApi.list();

Extension ext1=....;
String alias1=ext1.getAlias();
Q: How do I construct an extension domain class from that "alias1"?.
Is there any helper classes or boilerplate code that one could use?.
I just want to make sure that I don't reinvent the wheel.

Thanks,
BK

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Zack Shoylev