That is to say, support from prominent Cloud providers would help propelled
JClouds as a de factor library to use against cloud providers.

Of course I understand that a list of companies "supporting" jclouds might sound attractive from a management perspective. As with any true community effort, thought, contributors - companies as well as individuals - fluctuate according to priorities.

If your management is looking for reassurance that jclouds is around to stay and is worthy of being called a "de facto" library for portable cloud development on the JVM, I would also recommend looking at the *user* community, as well as the sustained level of development effort over the years.

ap