This is generally how it works but in the case of this patch:

   - A release was planned the last week-end and is in progress (Vote is
   open) so it was better not to commit and it is still the case for at least
   48 Hours
   - Undo features may introduce big changes in JMeter User experience
   (look at what's in BugZilla patch) so until it's stable in my opinion it
   should not be commited unless it can be disabled
   - And yes in it's state there was a big issue when loading important
   Test Plan but many Thanks to Andrey as proposed patch is really a good
   basis.

Finally as there need to be some compromise (for now) (for example number
of undo retained, or the fact that merge is not undoable), it had some
meaning to have users wishes so to answer this on users list.
But I will switch this discussion to dev list.

Regards
Philippe