Hello,
You might also try (using nightly build )using jsr223 éléments using groovy
for example.
In nightly build distrib, scripts passed as files are now compiled and
cached which highly improves performances.

But of course it's not yet an official release.
http://jmeter.apache.org/nightly.html

Regards
Philippe