Hi,

JMeter can test webservers (load/functional) using the common protocols on
the internet, most commonly used being HTTP. So if the app you're referring
to uses a method supported by JMeter, then YES you can use it to test your
application (your use case seems simple enough). To get a proper answer,
you have to understand how JMeter works and give us the proper information
to understand the issue.

For example in HTTP, you have to do a multi-part POST in order to send
multiple files in a single request. This usecase is supported by JMeter, I
use it on a constant basis and for tests that require dynamic files to be
sent, JMeter has became more flexible in the latest version, 2.8. But this
doesn't mean it won't be quite an effort to implement a large scale test
for this use-case. This should cover the application part of the problem,
unless you want to use the app's UI to make that test, in which case it
won't work, its not made for those kind of tests.

For the scan part, again you have to know what the application does in the
background. Scanning gives you a file, most probably, that is later sent
just like a normal file, so the test doesn't change that much - you just
have to figure out what's the format of those files and how to randomise
them during actual tests to obtain reliable results. If it uses different
protocols to send the information directly than those supported, then the
problem changes. But again, you have to know the specifics of how that is
accomplish in order to test this properly (refer to previous answers for
details).

--Adrian