As per the attached image comprising cut-and-pasted sections from the test plan
and aggregate report, I have a module "Consolidate Entity" which is invoked
from many different places in my test plan.  I have stripped it back the plan
to the bare minimum needed to illustrate the problem.

Beneath "Consolidate Entity", which is merely a Simple Controller to act as a
suitable target for Module Controllers elsewhere in the test plan, is
Transaction Controller "Consolidate ${ENTITY}" which is expected to provide
differentiated results in the Aggregate Report to show the consolidation times
for over a dozen different entities.  I have debug samplers as children of
"Consolidate ${ENTITY}" and module "Run Consolidation" which produce the
expected results when the test is run: they report progress for the currently
selected entity correctly.

However, when the consolidation completes, the Transaction Controller
"Consolidate ${ENTITY}" does not display the result for the currently selected
entity: on the first pass, "${ENTITY}" is not substituted, implying it was not
set, though it clearly was, otherwise the Debug Controllers could not have
shown it whilst the consolidation was in progress. On the second pass it shows
the name of the entity used for the first pass, on the third it shows the name
of the entity used for the second, and so on.  As the consolidations are run in
a random order it means the aggregated totals are completely mixed up and
therefore meaningless.

In the example aggregate report, I expect FRANCE, HUNGARY, JERSEY but actually
get ${ENTITY}, FRANCE, HUNGARY

Have I got a flaw in my logic, or have I found a bug with the Transaction
Controller?  (This is JMeter 2.8 r1393162.)

I can of course create a Transaction Controller as a parent of each Module
Controller that calls "Consolidate Entity", but it means having many
Transaction Controllers where I thought one should suffice.

Thanks, Roderick