Hello,

While developing a test script, I find that I need to quite some scripting,
which can be done, but the user manual is not very verbose regarding this topic
(as far as I can see). Currently, some very practical questions I have:
* suppose I created a set of functions in an external script file - how to call
these from my script
* for this same file: when running in GUI-mode, how to ensure the JMeter has
seen these function definitions?
* Section 16.8 shortly has some 'best practices', where it is mentioned that I
can 'save a script as a variable' - what does that mean? How do I achieve that?
My first guess was to copy/paste the function definition into the 'Value'
column of a User Defined Variable in the Test Plan, but somehow that completely
confuses the interpreter

Sincerely,
Jakob van Bethlehem