On 1 March 2014 11:23, bruto <bobr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> tried searching this mailing list for a bit, couldn't find a relevant answer
> Using JMeter 2.11 (20140227) to load test our Mirth Connect installation
> (HL7 frontend)
>
> Got a simple test plan with a thread group that sends a single request to
> Mirth via a TCP sampler, 10 times in a loop
> Using both 'view results in table' standard listener and 'response times
> over time' plugin from jmeter-plugins to check the results
> Max connections on Mirth side is set to way more than 1 or 3, HL7 message
> ids are generated randomly for each sample, so there're no collisions there
> (and they're sent using different sockets anyway)
>
> 1 thread:
> JMeter side:  table <http://imgbox.com/iFc089tn>   and  chart
> <http://imgbox.com/CbD2GoPH>
> Mirth side:  http://imgbox.com/1cgAgi0g <http://imgbox.com/1cgAgi0g>
>
> response times line up pretty well so far
>
> now the same test plan, but with 3 threads, ramp-up period 3s:
> table <http://imgbox.com/AtsgkBny>    chart <http://imgbox.com/i16OCBNf>
> mirth <http://imgbox.com/PzD0t4c1>
>
> It's as though JMeter sums up response times from all threads, what's up
> with that?

Most likely the server cannot cope with the additional load.
But I suppose it's possible that there's some kind of JMeter bug - or
a bug in the script - that is causing the samples to interfere with
each other.

A simple way to test if this is the case is to use 3 copies of JMeter
each running a single thread and see what happens.