We're going to need more information probably.  Are you sending these variables
as header key/value pairs, in a POST submit form or in a url query string.

Without knowing more I'm guessing the '@' character is getting url encoded
through Jmeter which the server didn't expect.

What does Jmeter send out on the wire (through a 'view results in a tree'
listener or through http debug logs) versus what is expected (I'm assuming how
you send it through a web browser?).