On 26 March 2014 13:55, John Kimber <jkim...@bournemouth.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if you could help.
>
> I am considering using Apache JMeter as a performance measuring tool within
> my business.  I am trying to determine whether it is compatible with the
> Uniface programming language.  One of the applications I intend to monitor
> has a desktop application written in Uniface.

JMeter is primarily designed for testing request response protocols
such as HTTP/FTP/LDAP etc.
It does not support testing GUI applications (i.e. it does not emulate
screen clicks, key presses etc).
It is not a generic monitoring application.

If the Uniface application exposes an external interface that accepts
requests and returns responses then in theory you can write a sampler
and plug it into JMeter.