On 25 May 2014 18:19,  <oh...@cox.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Jmeter 2.11 to load test against Oracle database.
>
> I can use a SELECT query in the JDBC Request and that works fine, but when I
> try the following:
>
> exec DBMS_SESSION.set_identifier('frank')
>
> I get:
>
> Response message: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement
>
> However, if I run that EXEC command using sqlplus, it works fine.
>
> Does Jmeter not allow using the EXEC command in a JDBC request?

An EXEC command is not a Select statement; it is not in fact standard SQL.

However, according to

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/java.112/e16548/getsta.htm#JJDBC28075

the Oracle JDBC driver supports them using the syntax

{call DBMS_SESSION.set_identifier('frank')}

This needs to be invoked in JMeter using the Callable Statement option.