Am 08.06.2016 um 20:35 schrieb Janine DeBeradinis:
Thanks for the response.

No, the logs do not reflect the delay, however, the java process goes down to 0
on all machines involved.  Additionally, when our ops department is monitoring
the load, they see the load stop when I see the pause.

I am using the Summary Report to monitor the load.

No, nothing else should be using the network card. The ops department said the
machines are designed to only be built with what they need.

There really isn't a pattern to the pausing.  We originally started the load
test on one machine, strictly using GUI mode and the pausing was actually less
frequent than it is now.  We are now using three new machines.  Two are running
jmeter server and the one is running jmeter GUI to execute on the servers, and
the pausing seems to be more frequent now.

I am really at a complete loss.
Look at sebbs advice and don't run the gui while load testing. Try to take threaddumps and look at gc activity when you detect such a pause like Deepak said.

Another interesting fact would be the versions of JMeter and java and how much memory you gave each instance.

Apart from sending signals to the jvm, you could try the tools jvisualvm or jmc to look inside the jvm.

Regards,
 Felix

Thanks.
Janine