What happens if you add a 4th Thread Group at the end - does that run?
Just add a simple Java Sampler to to it.

Please recheck the jmeter log file for anything unusual.

If this were a general problem with JMeter 2.13 or 3.0 I'm fairly sure
there would have been a lot of complaints.
However this only seems to affect your test plan, so it seems to be
something about the way that is configured.