On Wednesday, March 1, 2017, Stuart Kenworthy <stuart.kenwor...@bjss.com>
wrote:

> Many people are still using 2.13 which Is why I mentioned it.
>
> However there is still a potential problem, duration does not interrupt
> timers or test action waits.

It does interrupt them since 3.1 I think it not 3.0.
This bug was fixed.

> Also if you have samplers that are currently awaiting a response, it waits
> until the response before terminating.

yes, that seems correct to me.
Intereupting them would lead to a high error rate on last samples.
But you can force a stop if you want.

> This means if you have a 10 minute wait, via timer or test action, in your
> test plan and one if the threads is in the timer or test action, or your
> sampler is currently waiting to timeout, you have to wait for that to
> finish after the duration ends.

Yes for timeout.
No more for timers.

> I understand this is by design and is also present in the UI but it does
> cause problems when running real world user journeys.

If you still experience issues in 3.1, please raise a bugzilla bug so that
we fix it.
Attach a sample test plan and be as precise as possible.

> Not a major problem but something a lot of people fall into.

Yes, I falled into it myself when using Throughput timer, that's why it was
fixed.
Unfortunately we cannot fix bugs we're not aware of :)