I could solve this issue using a system property:
        <property name="jspwiki.custom.config" value="/opt/wildfly/appclient/configuration/jspwiki/jspwiki.properties"/>

However, I couldn't find this property in the documents (it may be hidden somewhere, but I didn't see anything on the Configuration page, where I'd expect it). I only "accidently" found it in the server logs ("No jspwiki.custom.config defined for this context"). Please, add a note about this property so others will be able to find it!

Kind regards

Peter