Hi,

as Dirk says, ACLs protect at page level.
https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Wiki.Admin.Security should be
a good starting point to
get into them.

The reason right now of not protecting at section level is mainly b/c of
several places showing the page markup: source page, the search engine,
(which indexes the page markup so you could get grasp of results you
shouldn't be able to see). Also page editing would get a lot harder without
being able sections you're not supposed to see/edit, etc.

The easiest way to achieve section level ACL right now is through the
InsertPagePlugin approach explained by Dirk

best regards,
juan pablo