Hi Alex!

regarding rolling upgrades / load balancing, they should be possible
as long as you shared your "wiki work dir" (containing f.ex., lucene
indexes) and your wiki pages/attachment filesystem. Also, by default
there's a caching layer in front of the file system access to pages
and attachments, ehcache based. That should be tuned too in order to
share the cache among your wiki instances.

As for the wiki installation, the wiki page dir you note on the
installation is the path were the wiki pages should be extracted. I
don't have the installation page on my head now, so perhaps the
behaviour is different.. Also, I noticed you opened a ticket a few
days ago regarding installation, so there's also that (I'll try to
look at it thie week btw).

Last, regarding container based authentication, it's definitely
possible. We have some integration tests [#2] that run through several
JSPWiki instances. The "-cma-" ones are those configured to use
container managed authentication.

HTH,
juan pablo

[#2] https://github.com/apache/jspwiki/tree/master/jspwiki-it-tests