Hi,

I ran into an Error when I tried to run karaf on a Windows XP with
Oracle JRE 7u5 installed.

Error: missing `server' JVM at `C:\Programme\Java\jre7\bin\server\jvm.dll'.
Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components.

I then discovered that the karaf-documentation states that a JDK is
required to run karaf. I installed JDK 7u5 and everything went fine.
But I have some difficulties explaining to certain customers that they
need to install a Development Kit to run this thing.

So my question is, why exactly is it required to install JDK? Is there
no other way?

Thanks.

kind regards,
christoph