Hi,

I am using Aries 0.3 for transaction management in Karaf 2.2.8.
It works in gereral but sometimes I get the following exception when
accessing a database:

javax.persistence.TransactionRequiredException: No transaction currently
active
        at
org.apache.aries.jpa.container.context.transaction.impl.JTAPersistenceContextRegistry.getCurrentPersistenceContext(JTAPersistenceContextRegistry.java:103)
        at
org.apache.aries.jpa.container.context.transaction.impl.JTAEntityManager.getPersistenceContext(JTAEntityManager.java:83)
        at
org.apache.aries.jpa.container.context.transaction.impl.JTAEntityManager.merge(JTAEntityManager.java:270)
        at
org.xxx.persistence.impl.DatabaseProviderDao.merge(DatabaseProviderDao.java:304)

This error occurs out of the blue.
Do you have an idea why this happens, and what can be done to avoid it?