Could you build something that we can reproduce ?
Ot at least give more details about what happens (services, start level,
etc..) ?

I've done an enhancement in blueprint so that when the extender detects
that the framework is stopping, it will preemptively shutdown all blueprint
containers.
So is the bundle accessing the service a blueprint one ? If not, then
that's somewhat expected.  You can disable this behaviour by setting the
   org.apache.aries.blueprint.preemptiveShutdown=false
in etc/config.properties

However, if you expect things to just shutdown bundles in the correct
order, that's not gonna happen.  The framework shut them down in reverse
start level order, so services are removed in that way.   If a bundle with
a low start level uses a service from a bundle with a higher start level,
it won't be there.  And that means that the bundle is flawed and should
support the fact that one of its needed service is gone.

--
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gno...@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com