Hi all,
  I'm relatively new to karaf and am looking for the best practice for
overriding karaf's default config properties (e.g. - logging, web port,
etc.).  What I'd like to be able to do is to keep my custom config property
files in a folder that does *not* live under the karaf installation.  That
way I could keep the karaf install image as is and point it to my custom
properties files to override the defaults.  Ideally, this would be able to
be done by setting a well known environment variable (e.g. -
CUSTOM_CONFIG_DIR) so that to use custom properties no change to the karaf
install would need to be made. I'd just need to set the CUSTOM_CONFIG_DIR
environment property or some such before startinf karaf.
  Soooo, my questions are: Is this possible today?  If not, what is the best
practice for managing custom config properties files? The best I can figure
is that I could modify
${includes} in custom.properties to point to my custom properties files
outside of the karaf config, but even that would require modifying the the
karaf install (ie. - the custom.properties file).
  Any pointers to best practice are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-edward