Right, I'm running it on Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT (despite my weird problems with
certain keys not doing what they are expected), so I should be fine there.
I looked at the alreadt wrapped lucene bundles and while the version I need
is there, I've noticed previously that the conponents I need are mostly all
wrapped.  The problem, is that it doesn't look like there are any OSGi
instruction in those bundles either which register the services under
META-INF/services into the registry.  Otherwise, other bundles can't access
it.  That's the same place I'm at right now.

It's strange, the "full" version of karaf 3.0.0 is 3 meg small than what
appears to be the normal distribution.  I looked at the features files for
some of the 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT to see if the aries spifly library was included,
but all I saw were a lot of references to the 0.3 version of Aries which was
confusing.  I'm guess I was looking at old stuff somehow.

Anyhow, I'm thinking maybe I need to deploy aries spi fly myself to get it
to work.  Right now it looks like some geronimo SPI classes class them, but
I don't think does anything with them.

Thanks,
 Ryan