It does that if the FileInstall felix.fileinstall.filename property exist in the configuration PID.

For the config element, we can do exactly as we do in config:update command and Config MBean.

Currently config admin keeps track if the config was originally read
from a file. If yes then changes are also written back to the original file.
If no then changes are only done in memory.

So I think it would make sense to have an option on the config element
to decide if it should be persisted to a file. Unfortunately this means
that we have to do more than just call the config admin in this case.

Chrisitan