You shpuld have seen something in the debug.. I would tend to agree with
JB.. most likely an inflight message.. maybe being sent asynchronously with
no timeout?  I'm guessing that could do it.

If you truly don't see anything in the debug messages, then you could get a
stack dump to see what the threads are doing.. or camel has a mechanism to
monitor which exchanges are where.  I'd think the stack trace would be most
beneficial.

Ryan