Hi Rich,

Thank you for your feature enhancement requests.

In the case of obtaining a package's BundleID, try using the exports
command and grep for the package name - the BundleID providing it will
be printed.

Ex: On Karaf 3.0.1
karaf@root()> exports | grep spring-core
Package Name | Version | BundleID | BundleName
org.springframework.util                              | 4.0.2.RELEASE
  | 129 | org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core
karaf@root()>

Above the Bundle exporting spring framework util is ID 129.

I like the idea of adding a bundle-level flag on install, I'll look
through our Jira to see if we already have a request for the feature.

ex:
karaf@root()> install -s -l 65 mvn:org.slf4j/slf4j-api/1.7.2

Cheers,
Jamie