> Hi,
>
> > in the bin/karaf script, can you confirm that you have something like:
> >
> > exec “$JAVA” […]
>
> Yes.
>

> > Do you define some env variables like KARAF_BASE/KARAF_HOME/KARAF_ETC,  ?
>
> I tried both. Same results.
>

> > A possible cause is that KARAF_HOME is not well setted or a CLASSPATH
> system variable interfere. In bin/karaf, we do:
> >
> >    for file in "$KARAF_HOME"/lib/karaf*.jar
> >    do
> >        if [ -z "$CLASSPATH" ]; then
> >            CLASSPATH="$file"
> >        else
> >            CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH:$file"
> >        fi
> >    done
> > to load the karaf*.jar file from the Karaf lib folder.
>
> Yes, I can see this in the bin/karaf file.
>
> For the fun of it, I added the line “echo $file” in the for loop. In the
> output, all I see is “/usr/local/lib/karaf*.jar. Weird.

That seems wrong.
Your karaf installation does seem quite weird.
Usually, when unset, your KARAF_HOME should point to something like
  /usr/local/apache-karaf-3.0.1
With the system, etc, lib directories being $KARAF_HOME/system,
$KARAF_HOME/etc, etc...
Did you remove the apache-karaf-xxx folder somehow ?