The fragment seems to show as resolved -- so if it is working we should have seen it connecting to the hostname specified in the appender configuration -- which is not happening. How can I find out if its reaching the point of instantiating the appender specified class and actually trying to append any log.

Details:

bundle:list or la
shows that the fragment host is resolved.
---
7 | Resolved | 7 | 1.0.0.SNAPSHOT | Flume NG Log4j Appender, Hosts: 9
 8 | Active   |   8 | 1.7.2                  | OPS4J Pax Logging - API
9 | Active | 8 | 1.7.2 | OPS4J Pax Logging - Service, Fragments: 76, 7
---

opendaylight-user@root>bundle:info 9

OPS4J Pax Logging - Service (9)
-------------------------------
opendaylight-user@root>bundle:refresh 9
Error executing command: Access to system bundle 9 denied. You can override with -f
opendaylight-user@root>bundle:refresh -f 9
opendaylight-user@root>bundle:info 9

OPS4J Pax Logging - Service (9)
opendaylight-user@root>bundle:refresh -f 7