Let me reply again (because I just did that myself):

1) You set (or rather comment in)

org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultLocalRepoAsRemote=false

2) You go to the setting

org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories= \

and append to it these two lines after all the other lines:

      file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@id=systemrepo, \
      file:${karaf.data}/kar@id=karrepos@multi

After that I was able to do bundle:update <id>, and Karaf would fetch the
new SNAPSHOT bundle from my local Maven repository.

However, for me bundle:watch is still not working as expected (even with
the updated org.apache.karaf.bundle.core-3.0.2.jar). Maybe JB can comment
on that.