ServiceMix 5.4/Karaf 2.4.1/Cellar 2.3.4
I have three karaf instances in a cluster with cellar.  I have set them up
with Master-Slave-Slave with a simple file lock.

1) I start root as Master, from within root shell, I start child-1 and
child-2, both are waiting on file lock
2) I deploy a REST service in root shell using cluster:bundle-install from a
Maven repository (accessible to all instances); I cluster:bundle-start the
service
3) I can see the newly deployed service in cluster:bundle-list on root
4) I see the service in osgi:list on root.
5) I see the service listed on web page at http://localhost:8181/cxf
6) I kill root karaf process, it releases lock
7) Child-1 takes over as master and hold lock, child-2 remains waiting
8) I can see the service in cluster:bundle-list on child-1
9) I DO NOT see the service in osgi:list on child-1.
10) I DO NOT see the service listed on web page at http://localhost:8181/cxf

Same thing repeats for child-2 if I stop child-1.

So it appears there is no syncing of bundles here, even though child-1 knows
about the service (i.e. shows up in cluster:bundle-list results). Why isn't
the service syncing to child-1 from the cluster? Do all 3 nodes have to be
completely up (i.e. not waiting for lock) for the sync to take place?  The
bundle sync property is set to "cluster" for all instances.