Hi

I think, you do everything correct. You can test the connection factory
successful. The way you reference the connection factory is correct too. You
can have the problem
reported  for ARIES. I have tested simillar problem for ServiceMix yesterday
and I have found this problem occurs only in Karaf 2.3.x. It would clarify why
do you have this
problem using Karaf 2.3.6. In Karaf 2.4.x and 3.0.x it seems to be fixed.
Probably it has been fixed in the newer version for Felix or Arieused in 2.4+.

This problem usually occurs while  updating the bundle. You write you have the
problem while deploying (also no update should occur). I can remember, one of
the Karaf
releases  from the line 2.3.x had a problem with hot deployment - it looked
like the bundle was refreshed while deploying. Could you please test it on the
newer versions of
2.3.x (e.g. 2.3.10)?

Regards
Krzysztof