Hi James,

thank you for your answer. No, the configuration is only used for one
service. We debugged a little bit further and saw a strange behavior. The
breakpoint was in the ConfigurationSupport.configurationEvent(event) method
(see line 278 in
http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.scr/1.8.2/org/apache/felix/scr/impl/config/ConfigurationSupport.java#ConfigurationSupport
) .... The target and oldTargetPID looked like this:

successful case:
targetPID: org.test.my.component.myComponent
oldTargetPID: org.test.my.component.myComponent

unsuccessful case:
targetPid: org.test.my.component.myComponent
oldTargetPID:
org.test.my.component.myComponent.1f309340-04f9-4be6-b354-be67081a9232

For some reason, sometimes the pid is the factory pid and sometimes the
normal pid. Any ideas?

Best regards,
Thomas