I've tried to enable basic http auth in etc\jetty.xml and after logging in I
get an error in karaf.log:

*java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jetty.plus.jaas.JAASRole.*

But I found this class in pax web Jetty bundle by karaf console.

Any ideas, what's the problem?

cschneider wrote
> A JAAS login is not enough. You also need to call subject.doAs(handler);
> Inside this call the AccessControlContext will then contain your subject.
>
> For web there should be a better way to establish a JAAS context. Maybe
> you can make pax web or jetty check the authentication and
> already establish a JAAS context for you. I forwarded to Achim. He might
> know if that works.
>
> Christian

-----
Pavel