Hi,

I was wondering how people are using decanter as a metrics platform?  In
particular using Elastic Search to store metrics.  I had previously thought
that ES wasn't deemed suitable for time-series data, but I recently read up
on aggregations and how to use them in Kibana, and it seems that ES + Kibana
via Decanter would be a reasonable, all-java, way of doing metrics.

My concern however is how to handle data volume.  Running a pair of basic
collectors (camel and activemq) overnight, with the default scheduler
settings, seems to produce quite a bit of data (over 1GB for ~1M documents).
Whilst consumer disk storage is quite cheap, it will be difficult for me to
justify huge amounts of enterprise storage at $work for what is often seen
as a "nice to have" feature.  Ideally I would like to mimic the storage
aggregation feature of Graphite which aggregates the metrics into ever
coarser blocks over time.  My googling so far hasn't yielded any pre-made
solutions, and I suspect I may have to roll my own, but I wanted to ask how
others are dealing with this, if indeed it's deemed to be also a problem
elsewhere.

Cheers,
Gary