Okay I give up, sometimes pax exam runs okay, sometimes it doesn't, and I
can't work out how to get it to wait for the datasource to become available.

I've tried:

  <reference id="emDataSource" interface="javax.sql.DataSource"
               filter="(osgi.jndi.service.name=jdbc/userlist)"
availability="mandatory"/>
in blueprint

and

  @Inject
  @Filter("(osgi.jdbc.driver.class=org.h2.Driver)")
  private DataSourceFactory dsf;

in the test suite and neither consistently run the test suite.