I just added a comment in the Jira, I think I know the cause of the problem. Let me fix that.

On 01/18/2016 11:32 AM, Serge Huber wrote:
Ok I just tested this on my Windows 10 machine and Karaf 4.0.4

If I start karaf using “karaf start” from the CMD.exe and use the shell
console the backspace key and arrow key work normally. I tested with the
Windows Powershell and it works fine also.

If I connect using Putty to the SSH Shell then the backspace key doesn’t
work and it looks like a whitespace characters is inserted. So it might
be something to do with the detection of the terminal emulation with
Putty. Also the up and down arrows keys also seem to have issues because
the line doesn’t seem to be properly erased. It seems mostly like a
display issue because if I enter “aa” and hit backspace and then enter,
Karaf tries to execute a command called “a”, so the backspace has indeed
modified the string properly. The same is true for the up and down
arrows. I tested this with Putty 0.62, 0.66 (beta) and the latest
snapshot (2016-01-04.51465fa and the behavior was the same in all of
them. I use the default settings.

I also tested with AbsoluteTelnet10.12 (demo license) and I got the
exact same behavior.

I hope this information helps.

I also copied all this information into the ticket.

cheers,
   Serge…

On 18 janv. 2016, at 06:16, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net