Karaf 3.0.3

bundle B is in GracePeriod (and ultimately Failure) with dependency on
bundle A (which is active and has lower start-level than bundle B).

eventually bundle:diag 123 (for bundle B) gives:

Blueprint
3/28/16 3:24 PM
Exception:
null
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
        at
org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainerImpl$1.run(BlueprintContainerImpl.java:336)
        at
org.apache.aries.blueprint.utils.threading.impl.DiscardableRunnable.run(DiscardableRunnable.java:48)
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Missing dependencies:
(objectClass=com.foo.bar.myClass)

When I run package:exports | grep com.foo.bar I see only the one expected
bundle which is exported same package (I've triple-checked the manifest.mf
files for both bundles in data/cache/xyz).  i.e. there is no split-package
problem in this scenario afaik.

Any idea how/why this happens and how to resolve?  thx.