I have a follow up question.

It is good that one can disable this feature, but if someone would like to
use this feature of bin/client to connect without a password but do so with
their own public/private key pair, how would bin/client be told to use it?
Is that possible or is the private key built in to
org.apache.karaf.client.Main?