Hi Bengt,

WABs are basically nothing else then std. WARs with an OSGi Manifest
declaring the Web-ContextPath.

The problem you currently run into, is a very simple one. Well easy to
explain, but hard to work around.
So let's take a look at the way a web container works and how web
applications are usually deployed (std. WARs)
When you deploy a war you usually end up with a isolated Web Context, so
everything inside this context is bound to the root context path,
for example "my-war" context will take care of everything with this
context, filters, servlets etc.
Now if you deploy an application on "/" and on "my-war" the separation of
those contexts already makes sure you have a separation of concern.
For example filters bound to context "/" will only match for everything in
"/" which doesn't match "/my-war"

Now let us take a look at how the HttpService works and where those things
come into play.
The HttpService doesn't know of those boundaries, so everything deployed
with the HttpService (this also applies to the webcontainer in Pax-Web as
it's
just an enhanced HttpService) is bound to "/" as this is the context of it.
So everything inside this context "/" will be managed by everything we got
there. Therefore a filter matching "/*" will always match for every other
root folder. As those are just aliases on top of context "/". That's the
main difference between HttpServices and regular wars.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member