Hello,

I’m running into this problem on my Karaf 3.0.8 application :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1540
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1540>

Since the version of CXF that corrects this is not out yet I need to update the
org.apache.aries.blueprint.core version from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 which includes a
fix for offline startup.

The problem is that in Karaf 3 this bundle is installed from the
startup.properties, and I’m using the karaf-maven-plugin to build an archive
for my application (Apache Unomi).

From what I see I have two options:
1. provide a custom startup.properties and copy the
org.apache.aries.blueprint.core-1.6.2.jar to the system directory manually
2. provide a new framework KAR that copies the original one and modifies the
version

I tried using the “overrides.properties” file but it doesn’t work for this in
Karaf 3 since it only work for features that are deployed on startup.

Currently I have this in my Maven build :

<dependency>
    <!-- scope is compile so all features (there is only one) are installed
into startup.properties and the feature repo itself is not installed -->
    <groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
    <artifactId>framework</artifactId>
    <type>kar</type>
</dependency>
<plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
    <artifactId>karaf-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>install-kar</id>
            <phase>compile</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>install-kars</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
        <execution>
            <id>package</id>
            <goals>
                <goal>instance-create-archive</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
    <configuration>
        <installedFeatures>
            <feature>wrapper</feature>
        </installedFeatures>
        <bootFeatures>
            <feature>standard</feature>
            <feature>management</feature>
            <feature>ssh</feature>
            <feature>config</feature>
            <feature>region</feature>
            <feature>package</feature>
            <feature>kar</feature>
            <feature>war</feature>
            <feature>cxf</feature>
            <feature>cellar</feature>
            <feature>unomi-kar</feature>
        </bootFeatures>
    </configuration>
</plugin>
Would it work if I define a second compile-time dependency that provides a
second bundle with a different version ? Would it override the first one ?

cheers,
  Serge…