As long as it is not in the same bundles mixing DS and blueprint is fine.

I guess that using the same config pid in two bundles or two frameworks is the main problem. I had lots of problems when I tried this. Theoretically sharing a config pid can work now as far as I know but I would not bet on it.

Christian