Again, I can recommend the OSGi Transaction Control service. The Aries
implementation has support for configuration defined resources, which make
connection and pooling configuration extremely easy. See
http://aries.apache.org/modules/tx-control/localJDBC.html#creating-a-resource-using-a-factory-configuration

<http://aries.apache.org/modules/tx-control/localJDBC.html#creating-a-resource-using-a-factory-configuration>
 for details.

The Aries Transaction Control implementation also has support for XA
transactions if that’s of interest to you.

Best Regards,

Tim Ward

Author, Enterprise OSGi in Action https://www.manning.com/cummins