Since I have been using karaf for the last 6 months or so, it would be a
good idea to convert the pax exam tests

https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn/blob/using-vaadin/ukelonn.tests/src/test/java/no/priv/bang/ukelonn/tests/UkelonnServiceIntegrationTest.java
to karaf provisioning (so that I can use the features and not have to
figure out individual bundles on my own).

A quick google search found me
 http://stackoverflow.com/a/19896241
which points to

https://github.com/ANierbeck/Camel-Pax-Exam-Demo/blob/master/route-control/src/test/java/de/nierbeck/camel/exam/demo/control/route/KarafRoutingTest.java

But the KarafRoutingTest.java gives me two questions:
 1. The setup seems kind of cumbersome? Is it necessary to specify all
    of that? Is it necessary to specify the karafVersion()? I would have
    thought it was implicit from the version of the zip artifact?
 2. The example uses karaf version 3.0.0 and last checkin on the file
    was in January 2014, so it is fairly old? Is there a more recent
    example somewhere?

(It's possible that google can find me something eventually, but since
something as old as the above was the first search hit, I'm thinking
there may not be any...? Or that I'm searching for the wrong thing? My
search text was "pax exam use karaf features")