I'm trying to build a custom karaf distribution with the "karaf-assembly" maven
packaging.
I am making slow progress :-)

My latest issue comes about through trying to resolve lack of a javax.servlet
package requirement.
So I naively included the org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.http.servlet-api
bundle as a dependency of the feature I'm including in my assembly. This is
what we normally use in development in bndtools, but we normally use apache
felix HTTP rather than pax-web generally.

As soon as I do that I get an odd build failure:
Unable to resolve org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap/2.5.2: missing requirement
[org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap/2.5.2] osgi.wiring.package;
filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.slf4j)(version>=1.6.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))"]

If I remove org.apache.felix.http.servlet-api it builds, and I can run the
resulting karaf. My karaf shell fu isn't that great, but feature:list shows me
that "wrap" is "started", and
  bundle:info mvn:org.ops4j.pax.url/pax-url-wrap/2.5.2/jar/uber
shows me that it imports the org.slf4j package. I don't know how to find out
where it resolves that from from the shell, but the web console shows me:

Imported Packages
org.slf4j,version=1.7.25 from org.ops4j.pax.logging.pax-logging-api (5)
org.slf4j,version=1.6.6 from org.ops4j.pax.logging.pax-logging-api (5)
org.slf4j,version=1.5.11 from org.ops4j.pax.logging.pax-logging-api (5)
org.slf4j,version=1.4.3 from org.ops4j.pax.logging.pax-logging-api (5)

So I don't understand why I'm suddenly getting a resolution failure for slf4j
from pax.url.wrap.

I also don't understand why including
org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.http.servlet-api suddenly causes this,
nothing in the manifest for it would appear to indicate a need for it. All it
is is a simple bundle that contains and exports the javax.servlet api.

To sidestep the the question, how *should* I resolve the requirement for
javax.servlet package? There doesn't seem to be a pax-web bundle that I can
find that provides the javax.servlet package.

Thanks (again).